Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fruit Crisp for 1, or Everyone!



Summer means lots of yummy new fruits! How many times has this happened to you: you buy a bunch of delicious fruit, but before you can eat all of it, the summer heat turns parts of them to mush.
Well now you can turn a few bits of those fruits into a delicious dessert!

I like this recipe because you don't need too much of each ingredient to make it, and you can just make a little treat for your self.  Of you can double, triple, octuple it to share with friends!

I made this recipe low FODMAP for people that can tolerate fructose, but it can easily be made more "typical" (I'll put suggestions at the bottom of the page). I tried a gluten filled butter version while away from my home kitchen and it got pretty good reviews.  I used yellow nectarines but I see no reason why you couldn't use any other fruit.

Recipe:
1 cup diced Fruit (roughly 1 peach, nectarine, apple, etc)
1/2 T Maple Syrup (or other sweetener)

1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/8 cup Oats
1 1/2 T Coconut Oil
1 T Maple Syrup
1/4 t cinnamon
Pinch of salt


1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine Fruit and sweetener in dish

3. Combine Flour, Oats, Coconut Oil, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until it seems to be one mixture.


4. Crumble on top of Peach mixture.


5. Cook for 30 minutes, until the top gets a bit crispy. It may take a bit shorter or longer depending on the fruit (longer for apples, a bit shorter for over ripe peaches, shorter for berries)
6. Remove and let cool a bit then enjoy! Top with ice cream, yogurt, cheese, whipped cream, get creative.


The end picture are for 3 times the recipe. I was in a pinch for dishes and I found this gem at a thrift store (yes I checked that it was oven safe). Plus now I get to share it.

Substitutions:
Fruit: Peach, Nectarine, Apple, Pear, Strawberry, Blueberry, you get the point.
Maple Syrup: Honey, Sugar, Agave
Almond Flour: Any type of Flour
Coconut Oil: Butter, Margerine

low FODMAP,  not low FODMAP

No comments:

Post a Comment